Dancing with bees : a journey back to nature / Brigit Strawbridge Howard
- Strawbridge Howard, Brigit
- White River Junction, Vermont : Chelsea Green Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 282 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 24 cm
- Preface, realisations -- Introduction, the honey trap -- Spring on the wing -- A nest of one's own -- What's in a name? -- The boys are back in town -- Bees behaving badly -- The upside-down bird -- The cabin by the stream -- Cuckoo, cuckoo -- On swarms and stings -- To bee, or not to bee -- Seeking the great yellow bumblebee, part 1 -- Seeking the great yellow bumblebee, part 2 -- On bovey heathfield -- In praise of trees -- Sedgehill, a natural history -- Cotton weavers -- Time for tea -- Evergreen -- Amongst the snowdrops -- Epilogue, reflections.
- The author shares a charming and eloquent account of a return to noticing, to rediscovering a perspective on the world that had somehow been lost to her for decades, and to reconnecting with the natural world. With special care and attention to the plight of pollinators, including honeybees, bumblebees, and solitary bees, she shares fascinating details of the lives of flora and fauna.
- 9781603588485 hardcover, 1603588485 hardcover, and 9781603588492 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28341082