Railway Information Modeling RIM [electronic resource] : Track to Rail Modernization / Mounir Bensalah, Abdelmajid Elouadi, Hassan Mharzi
- Bensalah, Mounir
- London : ISTE, Ltd. ; Hoboken : Wiley, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (170 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Elouadi, Abdelmajid and Mharzi, Hassan
- Cover; Half-Title Page; Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents; Acknowledgments; General Introduction; 1. Introduction to BIM Integration into Railway; 1.1. Introduction; 1.2. Methodology; 1.3. Railway -- formulation of the problem; 1.4. BIM development; 1.5. BIM integration into railway projects; 1.6. Feedback from real project experiences; 1.6.1. Project Mälarbanan, Sweden; 1.6.2. TUC/Infrabel experience, Belgium; 1.6.3. BIM at SNCF maintenance department, France; 1.6.4. Crossrail, UK; 1.6.5. ONCF electrical substation, Morocco; 1.7. Discussion of the results; 1.8. Conclusions and perspectives, 2. BIM into Railway: Optimization of Cost by Using BIM2.1. Introduction; 2.2. Methodology; 2.3. Cost structure of a tram -- assumptions fixed for the analysis; 2.3.1. Cost structure of a tramway -- construction phase: comparative analysis; 2.3.2. Hypotheses made for the fixed and studied sub-costs in the construction phase; 2.3.3. Cost of facility maintenance; 2.3.4. Summary of costs studied -- basic hypotheses of the analysis; 2.4. Optimization of cost of a tram through the integration of BIM: a theoretical analysis; 2.4.1. Theoretical analysis of cost optimization; 2.4.2. Summary, 2.4.3. Discussion and analysis2.4.4. Limitations; 2.5. Conclusions and perspectives; 3. BIM and Sustainability; 3.1. Introduction; 3.2. Optimizing the use of materials for durability; 3.3. Energy efficiency; 3.4. Sustainability in the management of the life cycle; 3.5. Sustainability BIM and railway?; 3.6. Discussion of the results; 3.7. Conclusions and perspectives; 4. BIM Integration to Railway Projects -Case Study; 4.1. Introduction; 4.2. Methodology; 4.3. Integrating BIM into railway projects: review of experiences; 4.3.1. Focus on BIM, 4.3.2. Building information modeling: a literature review4.3.3. BIM software examples; 4.4. Integrating BIM into railway projects: review of experiences; 4.4.1. Crossrail, UK; 4.4.2. Infrabel, Belgium; 4.4.3. STA, Sweden; 4.4.4. BIM France, France; 4.4.5. NNRA, Norway; 4.4.6. Summary and discussion of the review of experiences; 4.5. ONCF/Colas Rail Maroc electrical substation -- BIM integration; 4.5.1. Context of the collaboration; 4.5.2. Methodology; 4.5.3. Key step and planning of realization; 4.5.4. Comments on the results; 4.5.5. Recommendations; 4.6. General discussion, and 4.7. Conclusions and perspectives5. How to Successfully Integrate BIM into a Railway Project -- Framework; 5.1. Framework for the adoption and implementation of BIM -- literature review; 5.2. Summary; 5.3. Framework for the adoption and implementation of BIM -- experience review; 5.3.1. BIM charter; 5.4. Conclusions of the case study; 5.4.1. Systra; 5.4.2. Egis; 5.4.3. Setec; 5.4.4. Colas Rail; 5.5. Discussion of the results; 5.6. Conclusions and perspectives; 6. Railway Information Modeling -- Project Management; 6.1. Reminder of the fundamentals of BIM
9781119649229 (electronic bk. : oBook)
1119649226 (electronic bk. : oBook)
- Description based upon print version of record.
6.2. BIM and legal environment of the projects
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28341969