Managing system integrity for hazardous liquid pipelines : pipeline segment / American Petroleum Institute
- Additional Titles:
- API standard 1160
- Washington, D.C. : API Pub. Services, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 72 pages : illustrations, forms ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- American Petroleum Institute
- REFERENCES: Referenced codes, guides, and standards -- Other references -- TERMS, DEFINITIONS, AND ACRONYMS -- INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM: General considerations -- Framework elements -- HIGH CONSEQUENCE AREAS: Identifying high consequence areas -- Using HCA information -- Determining whether a pipeline segment could affect a high consequence area -- Documenting HCA information -- DATA GATHERING, REVIEW, AND INTEGRATION: Data sources -- Identification and location of data -- Establishing a common reference system -- Data collection -- Data integration -- RISK ASSESSMENT IMPLEMENTATION: Developing a risk assessment approach -- Definition of pipeline risk -- Estimating risk using risk assessment methods -- Characteristics of a sound risk assessment approach -- First step in the risk assessment process -- Risk assessment -- Core risk assessment methodology components -- Identify and gather data required for risk assessment -- Validation and prioritization of risks -- Risk control and mitigation -- Continuous risk assessment -- INITIAL BASELINE ASSESSMENT PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION: Initial baseline plan -- Pipeline anomalies and defects -- Pipeline internal inspection and testing technology -- Determination of inspection interval/frequency -- Hydrostatic testing -- Strategy for responding to anomalies identified by in-line inspections -- Repair methods -- MITIGATION OPTIONS: Prevention of third-party damage -- Control of corrosion -- Detecting and minimizing unintended pipeline releases -- Pipeline operating pressure reduction -- REVISION OF THE INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT PLAN -- INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT OF PIPELINE PUMP STATIONS AND TERMINALS: Data gathering -- Concerns unique to mitigation options -- Mitigation options -- PROGRAM EVALUATION: Performance measures -- Performance measurement methodology -- Measuring performance using internal comparisons -- Measuring performance using external comparisons -- Audits -- Performance improvement -- MANAGING CHANGE IN AN INTEGRITY PROGRAM: Recognizing changes that affect the integrity program -- Updating the pipeline integrity program.
- "November 2001."
"API Standard 1160."
"Product No. D11601"--P.  of cover.
"Approved American National Standard."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 2-3).
View MARC record | catkey: 2834414