NAACP administrative file. General office file. ["L, " miscellaneous], "La-Ly, " 1956-1965 [microform].
- Corporate Author:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Additional Titles:
- General office file. ["L, " miscellaneous], "La-Ly, " 1956-1965
["L, " miscellaneous], "La-Ly, " 1956-1965
- Bethesda, MD : University Publications of America, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- on 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
- Papers of the NAACP. Supplement to Part 13, NAACP and labor, 1956-1965 ; reel 09, fr. 0358-0549
- Major topics: Contribution to NAACP from Laundry Workers International Union; Efforts by Consolidated Laundries Corporation to employ qualified African Americans; Racial discrimination complaints against trade unions, banks, insurance companies, New York state agencies, the IRS and hotels; John F. Kennedy's pledge to work for passge of civil rights bill; Rochester, New York antipoverty programs; Racial quotas for employment of African Americans in New York construction projects; campaign to end segregation in veterans' organizations, labor unions, and fraternal organizations; Report on Advisory Committee on Equal Opportunity in Apprenticieship and Training; National Bar Association complaints regarding conduct of protest demonstrations; New York legislation proposals on migratory farm laabor; Study of urban renewal on New York's West Side.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People—Archives
- African Americans—Civil rights—History—20th century
- African Americans—Employment
- African Americans—History—1877-1964
- African Americans—History—1964-
- Civil rights movements—History—20th century
- Discrimination in employment—United States
- United States—Race relations
- "Group III, Box A-186"--Guide.
Title from file folder heading.
Guides to some parts of the Papers of the NAACP collection are available online.
- Binding notes:
- E185.5.N276A2 pt.13 suppl. 1956-65 r.09 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in NAACP administrative file. General office file. ["J," miscellaneous] [microform]
View MARC record | catkey: 2837425