Schools. New York, Hempstead, Ramage v. Rae, 1950 [microform].
- Frederick, MD : University Publications of America, [1986?]
- Physical Description:
- on 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
- Papers of the NAACP. Part 3, The campaign for educational equality. Series B, Legal Department and Central Office records, 1940-1950 ; reel 3, fr. 0466-0504
- Correspondence, newspaper clippings, and legal documents concerning the case of Ramage v. Rae in which a teacher at Hempstead's Prospect Street school is accused of slapping an Afro-American student across the face.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People—Archives
- African Americans—Education—New York (State)—Hempstead
- Discrimination in education—New York (State)—Hempstead
- Educational equalization—New York (State)—Hempstead
- Public schools—New York (State)—Hempstead
- Segregation in education—New York (State)—Hempstead
- Related Titles:
- New York, Hempstead, Ramage v. Rae, 1950
New York, Hempstead, Ramage versus Rae, 1950
Ramage v. Rae, 1950
Ramage versus Rae, 1950
- "Group II, Box B-144"--Guide.
Title from file folder heading.
Guides to some parts of the Papers of the NAACP collection are available online.
- Binding notes:
- E185.5.N276A2 pt.3 1913-50 ser.B r.03 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Schools. New Jersey, Survey of public schools [i.e. school] systems, 1947 [microform]
View MARC record | catkey: 2838079