Suing the gun industry : a battle at the crossroads of gun control and mass torts / Timothy D. Lytton, editor
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 418 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lytton, Timothy D., 1965-
Full Text available online
- A public health perspective on gun violence prevention / Julia Samia Mair, Stephen Teret, & Shannon Frattaroli -- The limited importance of gun control from a criminological perspective / Don B. Kates -- The American gun industry : designing & marketing increasingly lethal weapons / Tom Diaz -- A cultural critique of gun litigation / Dan M. Kahan, Donald Braman, & John Gastil -- Private lawyers, public lawsuits : plaintiffs' attorneys in municipal gun litigation / Howard M. Erichson -- The NRA, the Brady campaign, & the politics of gun litigation / Timothy D. Lytton -- Gun litigation in the mass tort context / Richard A. Nagareda -- Comparing tobacco and gun litigation / Stephen D. Sugarman -- Why regulating guns through litigation won't work / Peter H. Schuck -- The complementary role of tort litigation in regulating the gun industry / Timothy D. Lytton -- Stubborn information problems & the regulatory benefits of gun litigation / Wendy Wagner -- Liability insurance & the regulation of firearms / Tom Baker & Thomas 0. Farrish -- Gun litigation & the Constitution / Brannon P. Denning.
- 0472115103 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 339-396) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Library of the Future Campaign; 20045.
View MARC record | catkey: 2840084