Flesh for Frankenstein [videorecording] / Andy Warhol presents ; produced by Andrew Braunsberg ; written and directed by Paul Morrissey
- Additional Titles:
- Andy Warhol's Frankenstein
- [Irvington, NY] : Criterion Collection, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (95 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Morrissey, Paul, 1938-
Margheriti, Antonio, 1930-2002
Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987
Dallesandro, Joe, 1948-
Van Vooren, Monique, 1933-
Compagnia Cinematografica Champion
Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Criterion collection ; 27
- "The mad Baron Frankenstein is married to his sister, Katrin. With their two children they live a demented sitcom family's life; hubby rushes off to his lab and wife complains of neglect. With his trusty servant, Otto, the baron has constructed a heroic female and now plans to make her a male mate. For him he needs the brains of a lustful primitive 'who wants to make love to anything'. Things go awry when the baron transplants the head of a would-be monk instead of the lusty peasant, who becomes the baroness' lover."--Liner notes.
- Widescreen format (aspect ratio 2.35:1).
Originally produced as motion picture in Italy by Compagnia Cinematografica Champion in 1973.
Includes audio commentary by Paul Morrissey, Udo Kier and Maurice Yacowar, plus publicity and production photos.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Photography, Luigi Kuveiller ; art director, Gianni Giovagnoni ; editors, Franca Silvi, Jed Johnson ; music, Claudio Gizzi.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Joe Dallesandro, Monique Van Vooren, Udo Kier, Arno Juerging, Dalila di Lazzaro, Srdjan Zelenovic.
- Technical Details:
- DVD format.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Wilkes-Barre copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 2842291