Physiology of sport and exercise / Jack H. Wilmore, David L. Costill
- Wilmore, Jack H., 1938-2014
- Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 726 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Costill, David L.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction to Exercise and Sport Physiology -- Essentials of Movement -- Muscles and How They Move -- Neurological Control of Movement -- Neuromuscular Adaptations to Resistance Training -- Energy for Movement -- Metabolism, Energy, and the Basic Energy Systems -- Hormonal Regulation of Exercise -- Metabolic Adaptations to Training -- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Function and Performance -- Cardiovascular Control During Exercise -- Respiratory Regulation During Exercise -- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Adaptations to Training -- Environmental Influences on Performance -- Exercise in Hot and Cold Environments: Thermoregulation -- Exercise in Hypobaric, Hyperbaric, and Microgravity Environments -- Optimizing Performance in Sport -- Training for Sport -- Nutrition and Sport -- Body Weight, Body Composition, and Sport -- Ergogenic Aids and Sport -- Age and Sex considerations in Sport and Exercise -- Children and Adolescents in Sport and Exercise -- Aging in Sport and Exercise -- Sex Differences in Sport and Exercise -- Physical Activity for Health and Fitness -- Prescription of Exercise for Health and Fitness -- Cardiovascular Disease and Physical Activity -- Obesity, Diabetes, and Physical Activity.
- 0736045791 (hard cover) and 0736044892 (hard cover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Dorothy V. Harris Libraries Endowment; 20045.
View MARC record | catkey: 2842345