Hidalgo [videorecording] / Touchstone Pictures ; produced by Casey Silver ; written by John Fusco ; directed by Joe Johnston
- [United States] : Touchstone Home Entertainment, Burbank, CA, , ©2003.
[United States] : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (136 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Silver, Casey
Johnston, Joe, 1950-
Mortensen, Viggo, 1958-
Sharif, Omar, 1932-2015
Lombard, Louise, 1970-
Simmons, J. K.
Robinson, Zuleikha, 1977-
Dalva, Robert, 1942-
Howard, James Newton
Touchstone Home Entertainment (Firm)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English with optional French or Spanish soundtracks; optional French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- In the 1890's Frank T. Hopkins, a former U.S. Cavalry dispatch rider who is haunted by memories of what he saw at the battle of Wounded Knee, and his mustang Hidalgo, are performing in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, billed as the greatest horse and rider the West has ever known. This leads them to be invited to run in the 3,000 mile endurance race across the Middle Eastern desert, the Ocean of Fire, by one of the leading Arabian Sheiks. The race soon becomes not only a matter of pride and honor for Frank, but a race for his very survival as he and his horse attempt the impossible.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13.
- Special features: "Sand & celluloid" making-of featurette; "America's first horse: Hidalgo and the Spanish Mustang" enhanced computer featurette.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Shelly Johnson ; editor, Robert Dalva ; music, James Newton Howard ; costume designer, Jeffrey Kurland ; production designer, Barry Robison.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Viggo Mortensen, Omar Sharif, Louise Lombard, Said Taghmaoui, Peter Mensah, J.K. Simmons, Zuleikha Robinson.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, aspect ratio: 2.35:1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound; DTS 5.1 digital surround sound; THX-certified.
View MARC record | catkey: 2843736