Intellectuals in revolutionary China, 1921-1949 : leaders, heroes and sophisticates / Hung-yok Ip.
- Ip, Hung-yok, 1961-
- Additional Titles:
- Leaders, heroes and sophisticates
- London ; New York : RoutledgeCurzon, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 328 pages ; 25 cm.
- Chinese worlds
- Part I. Introduction -- Perspectives -- Part II. Leaders: self-construction from the functional perspective -- Radical intellectuals as the guiding force of change: beginning of the political odyssey -- Manufacturing political leadership I: the Yaqian intellectuals and Peng Pai -- Manufacturing political leadership II: Mao Zedong -- Part III. Heroes: self-construction from the emotional perspective -- Narrating politicized subjectivity -- The nobility of ambivalence and devotion -- Part IV. Sophisticates: self-construction from the aesthetic experience -- Clinging to refinement in the revolution -- Part V. Epilogue -- Self-construction, politics and culture: some general reflections -- Conclusion.
- 0415351650 (hardback)
- "First published 2005 by Routledge ... London ... "
"Simultaneously published in the USA and Canada by Routledge."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -291) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2846126