The development of social cognition and communication / edited by Bruce D. Homer, Catherine S. Tamis-LeMonda
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 378 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Homer, Bruce D.
Tamis-LeMonda, Catherine S. (Catherine Susan), 1958-
- Cognitive functions of language in early childhood / Katherine Nelson -- Seeing objects as symbols and symbols as objects : language and the development of dual representation / Bruce D. Homer & Katherine Nelson -- On the possible roots of cognitive flexibility / Sophie Jacques & Phil Zelazo -- Perceiving social affordances : the development of emotional understanding / Arlene Walker-Andrews -- Discerning intentions : characterizing the cognitive system at play / Dare Baldwin -- Social referencing in infant motor action / Catherine S. Tamis-LeMonda & Karen Adolph -- Is joint attention necessary for early language learning? / Nameer Akhtar -- Attachment, theory of mind, and delay of gratification / Chris Moore & Doug Symons -- Theory of mind, language, and learning in the early years : developmental origins of school readiness / Janet Astington & Jan Pelletier -- Teaching and learning as intentional activities / Doug Frye & Margalit Ziv -- Gesture in social interactions : a mechanism for cognitive change / Susan Goldin-Meadow -- Pathways of narrative meaning construction / Jens Brockmeier -- Parent-child reminiscing and the construction of a subjective self / Robyn Fivush & Catherine A. Haden -- Autobiographical memory in the developmental niche : a cross-cultural perspective / Michelle Leichtman & Qi Wang.
- 0805843221 (casebound : alk. paper)
9780805843224 (casebound : alk. paper)
- Based on a conference held in Oct. 2001 at New York University.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 2849612