The evolving bassist [videorecording] / Rufus Reid
- Reid, Rufus
- Miami, Fla. : Warner Bros., 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- SECTION 1: PLAYING JAZZ BASS. The jazz bassist, what's expected of you -- Let's begin to make music "Autumn leaves changes" -- Walking bass lines and the blues "Blues Changes" -- The first listeners -- Grooving in fast tempos "The song is you" -- Playing rhythm changes "Rhythm changes" -- Playing ballads "Embraceable you" -- Grooving with basic Latin rhythms "It's the nights I like" -- Playing a one-chord groove "C modal tune". SECION 2: BASS TIPS AND TECHNIQUES. The user-friendly bass set-up -- Right-hand technique "The sound producer" -- The left hand "The sound" -- Getting friendly with the piano -- Epilogue "City slicker."
- "On this DVD Rufus is able to bring to life the examples and concepts in his best-selling method ... you can see and hear how these concepts are applied to the real world of jazz performance." Container.
- Accompanies book: The evolving bassist: a comprehensive method in developing a total musical concept for the aspiring jazz bass player / Rufus Reid. 2000. and Title from label.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2850629