Byron, Sully, and the power of portraiture / John Clubbe
- Clubbe, John
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 343 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- The nineteenth century series
- Importance of portraiture -- Provenance of a painting -- Portraits of Byron -- First portaitist of Philadelphia -- Dramatic and historic portraiture -- Dramatic and historic portraiture: Fanny Kemble and Queen Victoria -- Byronic Biddle -- The heroic decade -- A portrait for Americans -- Sully's Byron and Lavater's physiognomy -- Sully's Byron.
- 0754638146 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -322) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2850990