Iceland : modern processes and past environments / [edited] by C. Caseldine ... [and others].
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2005.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 397 pages : illustrations, maps ; 31 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Caseldine, Chris, 1951-
- Developments in Quaternary science, 1571-0866 ; 5
- Late Quaternary marine sediment studies of the Icelandic shelf - palaeoceanography, land/ice sheet/ocean interactions and deglaciation : a review / John T. Andrews -- Relative sea level change in Iceland : new aspects of the Weichselian deglaciation of Iceland / Hreggviður Norðdahl and Halldór Pétursson -- Recent developments in oceanographic research in Icelandic waters / Steingrímur Jónsson and Héðinn Valdimarsson -- The glacier-marginal land systems of Iceland / David J.A. Evans -- Subglacial volcanic activity in Iceland / Magnús T. Guðmundsson -- Icelandic jökulhlaup impacts / Andrew J. Russell ... [et al.] -- Environmental and climatic effects from atmospheric SO₂ mass-loading by Icelandic flood lava eruptions / Þorvaldur Þórðarson -- Holocene glacier history / Maria Wastl and Johann Stötter -- Variations of termini of glaciers in Iceland in recent centuries and their connection with climate / Oddur Sigurðsson -- Local knowledge and travellers' tales : a selection of climatic observations in Iceland / Astrid Ogilvie -- Chemical weathering, chemical denudation and the CO₂ budget for Iceland / Sigurður Reynir Gíslason -- Icelandic soils / Ólafur Arnalds -- The Holocene vegetation history of Iceland, state-of-the-art and future research / Margrét Hallsdóttir and Chris Caseldine.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -397).
View MARC record | catkey: 2851230