World War II infographics / Jean Lopez, general editor ; Nicolas Aubin, Vincent Bernard, Nicolas Guillerat, data design ; with a foreword by Jonathan Fenby ; [translated by Lorna Dale].
- Uniform Title:
- Infographie de la seconde guerre mondiale. English
- Additional Titles:
- World War 2 infographics and World War Two infographics
- London : Thames & Hudson, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 191 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), maps ; 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lopez, Jean, Aubin, Nicolas, Bernard, Vincent, 1974-, Guillerat, Nicolas, and Dale, Lorna
- Language Note:
- Translated from the French.
- 1. The context of the war -- 2. Arms and armed forces -- 3. Battles and campaigns -- 4. Aftermath and consequences.
- World War II: Infographics tells the story of the great conflict through graphic design. The mass of data available about World War II has never been as large as it is now, yet it has become extraordinarily complicated to interpret it in a meaningful way, and to share that analysis with the public. Infographics allow data to be comprehensible to the general reader while still satisfying demands for the rigorous approach of a historian.0The result is breathtaking. For the first time, it is possible to easily connect the dots between various interrelated aspects of World War II that were previously examined separately. Encompassing the conflict from its roots to aftermath, this book covers more than sixty themes, including arms production, Operation Barbarossa, how America took back the Pacific, and the Nazi concentration-camp system. The result is an extraordinary new approach to World War II, which is sure to appeal to those looking for an overview of the war and to history buffs alike.
- 9780500022924 (hardback)
- Translation of: Infographie de la Seconde Guerre Mondiale by Lorna Dale.
View MARC record | catkey: 28609471