A mile and a half of lines : the art of James Thurber / Michael J. Rosen ; with contributions from Ian Frazier, Seymour Chwast, Liza Donnelly, Michael Maslin, and Rosemary Thurber
- Columbus : Trillium, an imprint of The Ohio State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 241 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rosen, Michael J., 1954-, Frazier, Ian, Chwast, Seymour, Maslin, Michael, Thurber, Rosemary A., and Thurber, James, 1894-1961. Selections
- One-line storyteller : an introductory note / by Michael J. Rosen -- James Thurber's The seal in the bedroom and other predicaments, 1932 : an introduction / by Dorothy Parker -- Chapter one. The line of Matisse or a doodling child? with "Ordinary except for this" / by Seymour Chwast -- Chapter two. Signs of the hard times -- Chapter three. Thurber's pre-intentional compositions : with "Maslin and Millmoss" / by Michael Maslin -- Chapter four. That Thurber dog and other creatures : with "Without saying a word" / by Liza Donnelly; with "Isn't that sweet?" / by Liza Donnelly and Michael Maslin -- Chapter five. The draw of Columbustown -- Thurber's walls : an afterword / by Ian Frazier.
- "Illustrated retrospective of American humorist James Thurber's art. Work. First book to assemble the range of Thurber's art, from decades of cartoons that established the New Yorker to illustrations for advertisements, children's books, and others' books. Includes previously unpublished art"--
- 9780814214008 hardcover alkaline paper, 0814214002 hardcover alkaline paper, 9780814255339 paperback, and 0814255337 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 28615175