Acid-Base Disorders [electronic resource] : Clinical Evaluation and Management / by Alluru S. Reddi
- Reddi, Alluru S.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 317 pages 32 illustrations, 3 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction to Acid-Base -- Basic Acid-Base Chemistry and Physiology -- Methods to Assess Acid-Base Disorders -- Acid-Base Disorders: General Considerations and Evaluation -- Lactic Acidosis -- Ketoacidosis -- Toxin-Induced Acid-Base Disorders -- Renal Tubular Acidosis -- Acid-Base Disorders in Gastrointestinal Diseases -- Acid-Base Disorders in Kidney Disease -- Metabolic Alkalosis -- Respiratory Acidosis -- Respiratory Alkalosis -- Mixed Acid-Base Disorders -- Drug-Induced Acid-Base Disorders -- Acid-Base Disorders in Critically Ill Patients -- Acid-Base Disorders in Liver Disease -- Acid-Base Disorders in Total Parenteral Nutrition -- Acid-Base Disorders in Pregnancy -- Acid-Base Disorders in Surgical Patients.
- This book provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of acid-base disorders. Each chapter reviews an acid-base disorder, covering pathophysiology, evaluation, and management of the disorder. The chapters include clinical cases and a Q&A section, based on scenarios and questions that clinicians regularly encounter when treating patients with these disorders. The book concludes with two chapters on acid-based disorders in special patient populations, including critically ill patients, pregnant patients, and surgical patients. Written by an expert in the field, Acid-Base Disorders: Clinical Evaluation and Management is a state-of-the-art resource that should assist clinicians and practitioners in managing patients with acid-base disorders. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28615497