An Economic Roadmap to the Dark Side of Sport [electronic resource] : Volume I: Sport Manipulations / by Wladimir Andreff
- Andreff, Wladimir, 1946-
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Palgrave Pivot, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 145 pages 1 illustration : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. A roadmap to economic violations of sport rules and the law -- 2. Sport manipulations: breaching the sport rules to gain advantage -- 3. Economic dysfunctions of sport: violating managerial rules and the law -- 4. Economic distortions: infringing human rights in sport -- 5. Conclusion.
- This Palgrave Pivot provides a comprehensive overview of economic aspects to criminal behaviour in sport. It addresses manipulations, dysfunctions, distortions and crimes triggered by economic interests or pure greed in sports, and challenges the governance of this important industry. Topics covered include hazing, sabotage, refereeing bias, technological manipulations, tanking, bad management, financial doping, ticket touting, circumventing the law through sport, discrimination and child labour. The book is divided into three volumes. Volume I covers those economic manipulations that breach sports rules, sporting integrity, violate managerial rules and the law, and infringe human rights in sport. It builds up a typology of sport manipulations which makes sense from an economic standpoint, not only from a sporting or judicial perspective. Volumes II and III (available separately) focus on Corruption and Economic Crime in Sport, respectively. This book will be of interest to students, researchers and journalists in sports science, sports management and sports economics.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 28615660