Integrated Modelling of Ecosystem Services and Land-Use Change [electronic resource] : Case Studies of Northwestern Region of China / by Youjia Liang, Lijun Liu, Jiejun Huang
- Liang, Youjia
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- X, 182 pages 77 illustrations, 51 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Liu, Lijun, Huang, Jiejun, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Integrated modelling of land use and cover change -- An integrated analysis approach to LUCC process at regional scale -- Modeling urban growth with CA model at regional scale Chapter 3 Detecting vegetation change with trend analysis of NDVI time series -- Integrated assessing of ecosystem services -- Forecast optimization of wind power service by integrating CFD and Kalman filtering -- Integrated modelling of hydrologic regulating service -- Assessing of climate regulating service- example of extreme weather -- Assessing the valuation of multiply ecosystem services -- Integrated modelling of ecosystem services and land-use change -- Simulating land-use change and its effect on biodiversity conservation -- Integrated ecosystem services assessment in urbanizing regions.
- This book presents essential case studies on the integrated modelling of ecosystem services and land-use change in the field of landscape ecology. The case studies were mainly conducted in the Zhangye oasis of the Hexi corridor and the upper reaches of the Heihe river basin, including Loess plateau (for wind power) and the inland waterways of the Yangtze River (for the regulation of extreme events). The book puts forward an integrated modelling method, including human activities, natural processes, land-use change, and ecosystem management, and explores multiple scenarios based on the interests of local managers and their implications for ecosystem services. As the book demonstrates, the integrated modelling method for ecosystem services and land-use change can serve as a valuable tool for gauging the impact of various development scenarios in this study area, and in other regions with similar characteristics. In addition, numerous charts and diagrams are included in each chapter, facilitating the simulation and assessment of specific land-use change impacts on ecosystem services in various study areas.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 28615875