American Experience. Walt Disney. Part one / American Experience Films presents ; story by Sarah Colt & Tom Jennings ; telescript by Mark Zwonitzer ; produced and directed by Sarah Colt ; a Sarah Colt Productions film with the participation of Arte for American Experience
- Arlington, VA : Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (115 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Colt, Sarah and Sarah Colt Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Uniquely adept at art as well as commerce, Walt Disney was a master filmmaker who harnessed the power of technology to tell stories of outsiders struggling for acceptance and belonging, while questioning the conventions of class and authority. As Disney rose to prominence and gained financial security, his work became increasingly celebratory of the American way of life that made his unlikely success possible. A polarizing figure - though true believers vastly outnumber his critics - Disney's achievements are indisputable. In this two-part, four-hour film, AMERICAN EXPERIENCE examines Disney's complex life and continuing legacy, featuring rare archival footage from the Disney vaults, interviews with biographers and historians, as well as the animators and designers who helped turn his dreams into reality. Both an inspiring story and a cautionary tale about the price of ambition, Walt Disney offers an unprecedented look at the man who created a world and built an empire.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 24, 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 28619305