Superheavy : making and breaking the periodic table / Kit Chapman
- Chapman, Kit
- London : Bloomsbury Sigma, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Bloomsbury sigma series
- Children of the atom -- Transfermium wars -- The end of chemistry.
- Explores how scientists create superheavy elements, using giant machines to try to make single atoms of mysterious artefacts that have never existed on Earth. From the first elements past uranium and their role in the devlopment of the atomic bomb to the latest discoveries stretching the chemical world, Superheavy reveals the hidden stories lurking at the edge of the periodic table.
- 9781472953919 electronic book
1472953916 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28619972