I wasn't ready to say goodbye : surviving, coping, and healing after the sudden death of a loved one / Brook Noel and Pamela D. Blair
- Noel, Brook
- Naperville, Ill. : Sourcebooks, 
- Copyright Date:
- Updated ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 292 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Blair, Pamela D.
- pt. 1. An unfamiliar world : the journey into grief. The starting point : notes from the authors -- Notes for the first few weeks -- Understanding the emotional and physical effects of grief -- Myths and misunderstandings of the grieving process., pt. 2. The world is upside down : collecting our scattered pieces. The world is upside down -- Relating to others -- Difficult days : holidays, anniversaries, and more -- Grieving apart, grieving together : understanding how men and women grieve -- Helping children cope with grief., pt. 3. Sharing our stories. Losing a friend -- Losing a parent -- Losing a child -- Losing a partner -- Losing a sibling -- Fallen heroes -- Suicide -- One of many : when tragedy causes multiple deaths -- Other unique challenges., pt. 4. Pathways through grief. The road ahead : understanding the grief journey -- Faith -- Self-help and therapy -- The grief recovery process and exercises to guide you -- The journey continued ... parting notes from the authors., and App I. The memorial service ; The eulogy ; A checklist of calls to make ; Friends support group invitation -- App II. Support for the loss of a partner ; Support for grieving children ; Support for the loss of a child ; Support for loss through suicide ; Internet support for siblings ; General bereavement support ; Other recommended books by topic.
- Explores unexpected death and its role in the cycle of life.
- Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 268-282) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28620447