Elementary science teacher education : international perspectives on contemporary issues and practice / edited by Ken Appleton
- Mahwah, N.J. ; London : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 367 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Appleton, Ken
- Framing issues of elementary science teacher education : critical conversations / Sharon E. Nichols & Thomas Koballa -- Being an elementary science teacher educator / Lawrence B. Flick -- Science pedagogical content knowledge and elementary school teachers / Ken Appleton -- Teaching by distance / William John Boone -- Challenges and opportunities for field experiences in elementary science teacher preparation / Sandra K. Abell -- Relating learning theories to pedagogy for preservice elementary science education / Janice Koch -- "Meaning-making science" : exploring the sociocultural dimensions of early childhood teacher education / Marilyn Fleer -- Considering curriculum for elementary science methods courses / Joanne K. Olson & Ken Appleton -- Language, learning, and science literacy / Vaughn Prain & Brian Hand -- A standards-infused approach to curriculum : a promising interdisciplinary inquiry / Katherine C. Wieseman & Hedy Moscovici -- The role and place of technological literacy in elementary science teacher education / Alister Jones -- Assessment and elementary science teacher education / Christine A. Harrison -- Teaching "science teaching" through inquiry / Emily H. van Zee -- The elementary science teacher as researcher / Valarie L. Akerson & Amy Roth McDuffie -- Cultural considerations / J. Randy McGinnis -- Employing case-based pedagogy within a relfection orientation to elementary science teacher preparation / Lynn A. Bryan & Deborah J. Tippins -- Models of elementary science instruction : roles of science specialist teachers / M. Gail Jones & Julie Edmunds.
- 0805842918 (alk. paper), 9780805842913 (alk. paper), 0805842926 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9780805842920 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Delaware copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 2871313