Newspapers and the making of modern America : a history / Aurora Wallace
- Wallace, Aurora
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 214 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Newspapers and their cities, towns, and villages -- Tabloids and the city : the New York Daily News, the New York Daily Mirror, and the New York Evening Graphic -- Small town reform newspapers : the Des Moines Register, the Emporia Gazette, and the Anniston Star -- The Black press goes to war : the Chicago Defender, the Pittsburgh Courier, and the Baltimore Afro-American -- Postwar newspapers, suburbanization, and land development : the Los Angeles Times and the Long Island Newsday -- Florida in chains : the Miami Herald and the Tampa Tribune -- The community newspaper : from the Village Voice, the East Village Other, and the Chicago Seed to CNHI and the Hazard Herald -- National news and the nation : the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and USA Today.
- 0313323208 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -202) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Verna M. Lombard Library Endowment; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 2873462