Engines of innovation [electronic resource] : the entrepreneurial university in the twenty-first century / Holden Thorp & Buck Goldstein
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The entrepreneurial opportunity -- Entrepreneurial science -- Enterprise creation -- Social entrepreneurship -- Multidisciplinary centers -- Leadership -- Academic roles -- Culture and structure -- Teaching entrepreneurship -- Accountability -- The new donors and university development -- Conclusion -- Engines revisited : a three-year tune-up.
- Thorp and Goldstein make the case for the pivotal role of research universities as agents of societal change. They argue that universities must use their vast intellectual and financial resources to confront global challenges such as climate change, extreme poverty, childhood diseases, and an impending worldwide shortage of clean water. They provide not only an urgent call to action but also a practical guide for our nation's leading institutions to make the most of the opportunities available to be major players in solving the world's biggest problems.
- 1469609843 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781469609843 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "With a new preface and chapter by the authors."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-168) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28881522