On Lincoln [electronic resource] / edited by John T. Hubbell
- Kent, Ohio : The Kent State University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 309 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hubbell, John T.
- Civil War history readers volume 3
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Abraham Lincoln as revolutionary / Otto H. Olsen -- Lincoln and Van Buren in the steps of the fathers / Major L. Wilson -- On the verge of greatness: psychological reflections on Lincoln at the Lyceum / Charles B. Strozier -- Abraham Lincoln, Ann Rutledge, and the evidence of Herndon's informants / Douglas L. Wilson -- Abraham Lincoln and "That fatal First of January" / Douglas L. Wilson -- Lincoln and the Mexican War: an argument by analogy / Mark E. Neely Jr -- Lincoln as military strategist / Herman Hattaway and Archer Jones -- Jefferson Davis and Abraham Lincoln as war presidents: nothing succeeds like success / Ludwell H. Johnson -- To suppress or not to suppress: Abraham Lincoln and the Chicago Times / Craig D. Tenney -- "A Catholic family newspaper" views the Lincoln administration: John Mullaly's Copperhead weekly / Joseph George Jr -- Abraham Lincoln on labor and capital / James A. Stevenson -- Lincoln's Calvinist transformation: emancipation and war / Nicholas Parrillo -- Only his stepchildren: Lincoln and the Negro / Don. E. Fehrenbacher -- Defending emancipation: Abraham Lincoln and the Conkling letter / Allen C. Guelzo -- The historian as gamesman: Otto Eisenschiml, 1880-1963 / William Hanchett.
- 9781606352007 (pbk.) and 1606352008 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28886564