Service learning in interpreter education [electronic resource] : strategies for extending student involvement in the deaf community / Sherry Shaw
- Shaw, Sherry
- Washington, DC : Gallaudet University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 240 pages ; 25 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Forewords / Janice Humphrey, Eileen Forestal -- Acknowledgments -- Preface -- Foundations of service-learning -- Conceptual framework : learning in the context of social capital and spatial theory -- Modifying the curriculum : alliance with the deaf community -- Implementing service-learning -- Course development : logistics and structure -- Forming partnerships : strength-based assessment, feasibility, and sustainability -- Student orientation : tolerating ambiguity, overcoming resistance, and completing the learning cycle -- Teaching academic reflection -- Evaluating service-learning -- Stakeholder perspectives, program spotlights, and resources -- Deaf community perspectives : reciprocity and collaboration -- Student perspectives : personal and professional impact / Tara Brown-Ogilvie, Lee Godbold, Tyree Joyner, D'Andra Parsons, Antoinette Rodi, and Kristen Willbur -- Case studies in service-learning : program spotlights / Len Roberson -- Annotated bibliography -- Appendix A: Sample syllabus for infused course -- Appendix B: Sample agreement form -- Appendix C: Program of study -- Index.
- 9781563685552 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -204)and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28888774