Smart Rubbers [electronic resource] : Synthesis and Applications / Lorenzo Massimo Polgar, Machiel van Essen, Andrea Pucci, Francesco Picchioni
- De Gruyter STEM
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Frontmatter -- Preface -- Contents -- 1. Sustainability in the design of rubber materials -- 2. Environment-sensing rubbers -- 3. Optically active elastomers -- 4. Shape-memory elastomers -- 5. Magnetorheological elastomers -- 6. Dielectric elastomers -- 7. Future outlook -- Abbreviations -- Index
- Research into "smart rubbers", i.e. elastomeric materials that respond to external stimuli, has increased dramatically recently, predominantly due to the growing need for improved materials for new applications. This book aims to provide an overview over the field of smart rubber research. Examples of the various components involved in smart rubbers are highlighted and discussed. Different types of stimuli and numerous applications are explained.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28888960