Essential statistics for the behavioral sciences / Gregory J. Privitera, St. Bonaventure University
- Privitera, Gregory J.
- Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, Inc., 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- xli, 596 pages ; 26 cm
- Acknowledgments -- Introduction and descriptive statistics -- Introduction to statistics -- Summarizing data : frequency distributions in tables and graphs -- Summarizing data : central tendency -- Summarizing data: variability -- Probability and the foundations of inferential statistics -- Probability, normal distributions, and z scores -- Characteristics of the sample mean -- Hypothesis testing : significance, effect size, and power -- Making inferences about one or two means -- Testing means : one-sample t test with confidence intervals -- Testing means : two-independent-sample t test with confidence intervals -- Testing means : related-samples t test with confidence intervals -- Making inferences about the variability of two or more means -- One-way analysis of variance : between-subjects and within-subjects (repeated-measures) designs -- Two-way analysis of variance : between-subjects factorial design -- Making inferences about patterns, prediction, and nonparametric tests -- Correlation and linear regression -- Chi-square tests : goodness-of-fit and the test for independence -- Afterword -- Appendix A: Basic math review and summation notation -- Appendix B: SPSS general instruction guide -- Appendix C: Statistical tables -- Appendix D: Chapter solutions for even-numbered problems -- Glossary -- References -- Index.
- 9781506386300 paperback ; alkaline paper, 150638630X paperback ; alkaline paper, 9781544324647, and 1544324642
- Revised edition of the author's Essential statistics for the behavioral sciences, 2016. and Supplemented by Essentials of statistical analysis "in focus". The supplemental book provides guides to alternative statistical programs (R, SAS, and Stata) to use instead of SPSS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28892657