Hire smart from the start : the entrepreneur's guide to finding, catching, and keeping the best talent for your company / Dave Carvajal
- Carvajal, Dave
- New York : AMACOM, American Management Association, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 240 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- New rules for a new age -- Slow down, use a process, move beyond the specs -- Recruiting myths and realities -- Evangelical Zeal and a SEAL Team's focus -- Map the organization's foundational mission and values -- Seeing your perceptions and their realities -- Drivers : mapping the candidates' missions and values -- Extract the matches -- High-level hires : leaders and managers -- Finding and recruiting people who get things done -- Your first hire : bringing entrepreneurial energy and agility to a new skill set -- The employee of the future : recruiting with an eye toward emerging trends.
- "Hiring. Is. King. The lesson seems so basic. Yet time after time, good companies stumble and lose their stride--just when they were poised for rapid growth. Why? Because their leaders treated hiring as a tedious chore. They posted an ad hoc ad. Took the first person with the right skills. Hired for immediate needs, rather than future flourishing. In Hire Smart from the Start, Dave Carvajal distills lessons gained from 20 years in the trenches, building out and staffing two enormously successful Internet startups and helping firms like Tumblr, Buddy Media, and Shutterstock land the talent they need to reach their greatest potential"--Amazon.com.
- 9780814438268 (hardcover)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28892731