Essential cell biology / Bruce Alberts [and six others].
- Alberts, Bruce
- New York : W.W. Norton & Company, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxxii, 734, A56, G18, I23 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Cells: the fundamental units of life -- Chemical components of cells -- Energy, catalysis, and biosynthesis -- Protein structure and function -- DNA and chromosomes -- DNA replication and repair -- From DNA to protein: how cells read the genome -- Control of gene expression -- How genes and genomes evolve -- Analyzing the structure and function of genes-- Membrane structure -- Transport across cell membranes -- How cells obtain energy from food -- Energy generation in mitochondria and chloroplasts -- Intracellular compartments and protein transport -- Cell signaling -- Cytoskeleton -- The cell division cycle -- Sexual reproduction and genetics -- Cell communities: tissues, stem cells, and cancer.
- Cell biology is taught in classrooms around the world to provide students with a firm conceptual grounding in biology. This text provides basic, core knowledge about how cells work and uses colour images and diagrams to emphasize concepts and aid understanding.
- 9780393679533 (hardcover), 0393679535 (hardcover), 9780393680379 (paperback with access card), 0393680371 (paperback with access card), 9780393680386 (looseleaf), 039368038X (looseleaf), 9780393680362 (hardback with access card), and 0393680363 (hardback with access card)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28892811