We can do IT : women in library information technology / edited by Jenny Brandon, Sharon Ladenson, Kelly Sattler
- Litwin Books series on gender and sexuality in information studies ; number ten
- Be competent, be confident, and dare greatly: lessons learned from twenty-five years of surviving and thriving in library IT / Janet Crum -- Support for women in it is support for the team / Allison Deluca -- A road not planned: my journey in library IT / Denise A. Garofalo -- My journey and tips for women interested in IT / Vincci Kwong -- How two women embraced their path to IT management / Rachel Vacek and Kat Hagedorn -- Finding your job-career balance / Melissa Wisner -- Trust me, i'm a library IT professional / Jingjing Wu -- Librarian as CIO? Naturally! / Susie Speer Corbett -- Essentialism, social construction, or individual differences / Jenelys Cox, Jeff Rynhart, Shea-Tinn Yeh -- Women in library IT -- One man's perspective / Kevin Finkenbinder -- A career in library technology: a personal essay / Julie Guzzetta -- Beyond the horizon -- learning new skills through the influence of diverse computer professionals / Alisha Taylor -- Jump ship / Marcia L. Dority Baker -- The story of my unintended journey into systems librarianship / Olufunmilayo Fati -- "I've had the perfect job for me": an interview / Alexandra Gallin-Parisi and Donna Kaminski -- My journey through library IT / Robin Hastings -- Not the "same as it ever was": an accidental systems librarian / Amy Hezel -- Library IT is never boring / Tari Scott Keller -- IT and libraries: a perfect career marriage / Karen Knox -- Blending Liberal arts and it: finding a place for a tech-loving non-programmer / Amanda Hartman McLellan -- How Hamlet helped me become a library "techie" / Este Pope -- Chimera in the library: a journey through the cultures of IT, libraries, & library IT / Stephanie Walker -- Breaking stereotypes and meeting challenges / Cathleen S. Carstens -- Emotional labor: the unexpected hard work / Tara Coleman -- Yes, I speak tech: my experiences with sexism in the workplace / Suzanna Conrad -- Empowerment, teamwork, and personal growth / Deloris J. Foxworth -- My life in IT / Lynne E. Grigsby -- Feminist finds her footing / Dana Haugh -- Counting down to looking up / Rhela Sudo -- Walking the tightrope! / Sharon Whitfield -- Where I belong / Becky Yoose -- Girls to the front: what Riot Grrrl tells us about women in library IT / Kate Dohe -- Setting our values as library technology leaders and women / Margaret Heller and Hong Ma -- Girls don't do woodworking / Catherine Larson -- From imposter to contender: the women of library IT / Christina Mune -- GratITude / Leah M Root -- What a difference a decade (or three) makes / Kathy Watts -- Tell imposter syndrome to take a seat / Kathy Zadrozny.
- "A collection of personal narratives exploring issues faced by women in information technology jobs in libraries, reflecting on themes including imposter syndrome, career trajectory, and experiences of sexism. Includes advice and encouragement to women entering the field"--
- 9781634000536 paperback alkaline paper
1634000536 paperback alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 28901768