Information Fusion and Intelligent Geographic Information Systems [electronic resource] : Computational and Algorithmic Advances (IF & IGIS'2019) / edited by Vasily Popovich, Jean-Claude Thill, Manfred Schrenk, Christophe Claramunt
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- X, 191 pages 102 illustrations, 88 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Popovich, Vasily
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Geographic Information Science, 1867-2434
- Part 1-Advances in Intelligent Geographic Information Systems -- Part 2-Spatial Algorithms and Computations -- Part 3-IGIS Integration with Acoustic and Remote Sensing -- Part 4-Information Technologies: Modern Approach to Evolution of Methods of Obtaining Knowledge About Controlled Processes -- Part 5-IGIS for Urban and Land-based Research.
- This book gathers the proceedings of the 9th International Symposium "Information Fusion and Intelligent Geographic Information Systems 2019" (IF&IGIS'2019), which was held in St. Petersburg, Russia from May 22 to 24, 2019. The goal of the symposium was to provide a forum for exchange among leading international scholars in the fields of spatial data, information integration and Intelligent Geographic Information Systems (IGIS). The symposium was an opportunity to discuss sound and effective lines of modeling in the fusion of spatial data and information within the broader scope of intelligent GIS. The topics of the 2019 Symposium essentially fall into three broad categories of developments aimed at leveraging the power of spatial information, namely: artificial intelligence; algorithmic and computations processes; and data-informed simulation models. All papers collected here present compelling, cutting-edge research on cloud computing, deep learning, visual analytics, and large-scale optimization. They discuss information fusion and intelligent GIS research in the context of surface and sub-surface maritime activities, port asset management, land-based trip and travel planning, smart city and e-government, emergency management, and environmental monitoring. Given its scope, the book will be of interest to students, researchers and professionals working in GIS, remote sensing, and cloud computing.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28902156