Photonic Waveguide Components on Silicon Substrate [electronic resource] : Modeling and Experiments / by Swagata Samanta, Pallab Banerji, Pranabendu Ganguly
- Samanta, Swagata
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 100 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Banerji, Pallab, Ganguly, Pranabendu, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Theoretical Studies on Silicon and SU-8 Waveguides -- Experimental Studies on SU-8 Wire Waveguides -- Design and Development of Some SU-8 Wire Waveguide Structures -- Design and Development of Polarization-Independent Power Splitter using Coupled-Silicon Waveguides -- Conclusions and Future Scope of Work.
- This book focuses on the design and development of SU-8 polymer and silicon waveguide-based devices using the effective index based matrix method. Various fabrication techniques like laser direct writing (LDW), Focused Ion Beam (FIB) and optical lithography are discussed. FIB lithography has been explored for photonic-crystal structures on the waveguide and for directional coupler in coupled region. This technique is shown to be suitable in fabricating photonic crystal structures as well as for making any precise modifications in micro- and nano-meter photonic waveguide structures. This book can be a useful reference for students, researchers, and fabrication engineers working in the areas of integrated optics, optical communications, laser technology and optical lithography for device manufacturing. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28902173