Assessment and Obligatory Treatment of Violent and Sexually Violent Offenders [electronic resource] : Integrating Research and Practice / edited by Ruud H. J. Hornsveld, Floris W. Kraaimaat, Luk A. C. L. Gijs, Emma J. Palmer
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 411 pages 12 illustrations, 2 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hornsveld, Ruud H. J.
Kraaimaat, Floris W.
Gijs, Luk A. C. L.
Palmer, Emma J.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Preventing and Treating Violence and Aggression
- Part I: Theory -- Chapter 1: Prevalence, risks, costs, theories, and legal aspects -- Chapter 2: Dynamic risk factors of violent and sexually violent offenders -- Chapter 3: The use of self-report questionnaires -- Chapter 4: Assessment of violent and sexually violent offenders -- Chapter 5: Cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT) programs for violent offenders and sexually violent offenders: What substantive conditions must be met? -- Part II: Practice -- Chapter 6: Treatment programs for violent offenders and sexually violent offenders -- Chapter 7: Self-management skills for generalization and maintenance of treatment results -- Chapter 8: Facilitating treatment integrity in penitentiary and forensic psychiatric institutions -- Chapter 9: Reflections and future directions -- Part III: Manuals -- Chapter 10: Treatment modules for violent offenders -- Chapter 11: Treatment modules for sexually violent offenders. .
- This book examines the assessment and obligatory treatment programs for violent and sexually violent offenders - primarily adolescents and adults - diagnosed with cluster B personality disorder or a conduct disorder. It describes concepts, theories, and legal aspects as well as the psychological and neurobiological characteristics of violent and sexually violent offenders and forensic psychiatric patients. Chapters review treatment programs and provide guidelines for gathering additional information and formulating functional analyses to establish individual treatment plans. In addition, chapters offer treatment modules for violent offenders and sexually violent offenders and address specific problems that may be encountered in practice and how to overcome these problems. The book concludes with the editors' recommendations for future research in offender assessment and rehabilitation. Topics featured in this book include: Heuristic models of aggressive and sexually aggressive behavior. The use of self-reporting questionnaires in offender populations. Reliable assessment instruments. The effectiveness of existing rehabilitation programs. Cognitive-behavioral treatment modules for violent and sexually violent offenders. Self-regulation and self-management skills to be used in rehabilitation programs. Facilitating treatment integrity in penitentiary and forensic psychiatric institutions. Assessment and Obligatory Treatment of Violent and Sexually Violent Offenders is an essential resource for researchers, clinicians/therapists, and upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in forensic psychology, public health, criminology/criminal justice, and behavioral therapy and rehabilitation.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28902485