Million dollar baby [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; in association with Lakeshore Entertainment ; a Malpaso/Ruddy Morgan production ; produced by Albert S. Ruddy, Tom Rosenberg, Paul Haggis ; screenplay by Paul Haggis ; produced and directed by Clint Eastwood
- Uniform Title:
- Million dollar baby (Motion picture : 2004)
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 2005.
- Copyright Date:
- Widescreen format.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (132 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Eastwood, Clint, 1930-
Ruddy, Albert S., 1934-
Toole, F. X., 1930-
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- )
Lakeshore Entertainment (Firm)
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Soundtrack in English or French; subtitles in English, French or Spanish.
- Frankie is a former boxing manager, who initially refuses to train Maggie due to her gender and age. With her talent and his coaching the spirited young fighter rises through the ranks of women's boxing, the pair form a touching bond in the process.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for violence.
- Title and credits from container.
Based upon stories from Rope burns by F.X. Toole.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2004.
Special features: James Lipton takes on three (roundtable with Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank, Morgan Freeman and moderator James Lipton); Born to fight (examines the parallels of the movie to real-life boxer Lucia Rijker); Producers round 15 (behind the scenes).
Disc 2 contains all special features.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Tom Stern ; edited by Joel Cox.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Clint Eastwood, Hillary Swank, Morgan Freeman.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; widescreen presentation.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
- Academy Award, Best achievement in directing (Eastwood), Best motion picture of the year (Eastwood, Ruddy, Rosenberg), Best performance by an actor in a supporting role (Freeman), Best performance by an actress in a leading role (Swank), 2005; Golden Globe award, Best director - motion picture (Eastwood), Best performance by an actress in a motion picture - drama (Swank), 2005
View MARC record | catkey: 2890271