Total Scar Management [electronic resource] : From Lasers to Surgery for Scars, Keloids, and Scar Contractures / edited by Rei Ogawa
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 184 pages 133 illustrations, 127 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ogawa, Rei and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Basic Science of Scars. Wound Healing and Scarring -- Burn Wound Healing and Scarring -- Molecular Mechanisms of Scarring -- Genetics of Scars and Keloids -- Body Constitutions of Scars and Keloids. Clinical Plactice of Scars. Scar Evaluation (including JSW scar scale) -- Clinical and Pathological Diagnosis of Scars -- Acne Scar Prevention and Treatment -- Pediatric Burns and Scars -- Dermal Substitutes and NPWT for Burns and Scars -- Surgery and Radiation Therapy for Keloids -- Steroid Therapy for Scars -- Cryotherapy for Scars -- Laser Therapy for Scars -- Fat Grafting for Scars.
- The purpose of this book is to discuss available treatments for "scars" and analyze their mechanisms from an international perspective. "Scars" are now receiving considerably more attention internationally, because the topic of patients' quality of life (QOL) of patients has gained in importance. Total Scar Management highlights many "new" and "practical" topics related to scars such as various treatments for post-burn scars, traumatic scars, keloids and hypertrophic scars, aesthetic management of scars, reconstructive surgery of scar contractures, basic researches, etc. Written by an international team of prominent experts in their respective fields, the book presents the latest and most helpful advances regarding "scars," offering a unique resource for all plastic surgeons, dermatologists, aesthetic surgeons, wound surgeons, wound healing specialists, and general surgeons who are interested in the aesthetic outcomes of their work.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 28902744