The Ultimate Guide to Point-of-Care Ultrasound-Guided Procedures [electronic resource] / edited by Srikar Adhikari, Michael Blaivas
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 300 pages 354 illustrations, 276 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adhikari, Srikar, Blaivas, Michael, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Physics of ultrasound -- 3. General principles of ultrasound guided procedures -- 4. Ultrasound procedural guidance safety considerations -- 5. Peripheral venous and arterial access -- 6. Central vascular access -- 7. Challenging vascular access procedural and procedure rescue -- 8. Joint aspiration -- 9. Therapeutic injections in the point of care setting -- 10. Upper extremity regional blocks for the point of care patient -- 11. Neck and torso regional blocks for the point of care patient -- 12. Lower extremity regional nerve blocks for the point of care patient -- 13. Integration of ultrasound guided procedures into clinical practice -- 14. Quality assurance and improvement -- 15. Documentation, coding and billing for ultrasound guided procedures.
- This comprehensive book provides an in-depth examination of a broad range of procedures that benefit from ultrasound guidance in the point-of- care setting. It covers common procedures such as ultrasound-guided central and peripheral venous access to regional nerve blocks, temporary pacemaker placement, joint aspirations, percutaneous drainage, a variety of injections and airway management. Chapters examine a variety of topics critical to successful ultrasound procedures, including relevant sonoantomy, necessary equipment, proper preparation, potential complications, existing evidence and how to integrate these procedures into clinical practice. For each procedure, the book includes step-by-step instructions and discusses the advantages of ultrasound guidance over traditional techniques. Providing rich procedural detail to help in clinical decision making, The Ultimate Guide to Point-of-Care Ultrasound-Guided Procedures is an indispensable, go-to reference for all health care providers who work in a variety of clinical settings including primary care, emergency department, urgent care, intensive care units, pediatrics, pre-hospital settings and those who practice in the growing number of new ultrasound programs in these specialties. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28902821