- (Part I: Mind) The domain of the mind -- Become present -- Limit your inputs -- Empty the mind -- Slow down, think deeply -- Start journaling -- Cultivate silence -- Seek wisdom -- Find confidence, avoid ego -- Let go -- On to what's next. (Part II: Spirit) The domain of the soul -- Choose virtue -- Heal the inner child -- Beware desire -- Enough -- Bathe in beauty -- Accept a higher power -- Enter relationships -- Conquer your anger -- All is one -- On to what's next. (Part III: Body) The domain of the body -- Say no -- Take a walk -- Build a routine -- Get rid of your stuff -- Seek solitude -- Be a human being -- Go to sleep -- Find a hobby -- Beware escapism -- Act bravely -- On to the final act.
- The author draws on great thinkers like Confucius, Seneca, Marcus Aurelius and Christian monks to show us what stillness is and how it might be achieved. He believes stillness is the doorway to self-mastery, discipline, and focus. He examines many of the figures that exemplify the power of stillness, including Winston Churchill, Fred Rogers and Anne Frank. This book aims to equip you with everything you need to find stillness in your own life.
- 9780525538585 (hardcover)
- The book includes an email address for those wishing to request a bibliography.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 264).
View MARC record | catkey: 28904667