Starbucks' Australian experience / by Shinjini Basu
- Basu, Shinjini
- [Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh] : IBS Center for Management Research, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (24 pages) : tables
- Language Note:
- In English.
- This case is about the Australia endeavor of Starbucks Coffee International, one of the largest specialty coffee chains of the world. In July 2008, the company closed down the majority of its stores in the island continent citing non-performance triggered by the economic melt-down as a key reason behind the closures. The company said that the closures were a part of the transformation strategy being undertaken by its founder, Howard Schultz, to revive the company's performance. It also clarified that such a step was unique to Australia and that it would continue to enhance its presence in other international locations.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 17, 2016).
Case code: BSTR304.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 28905197