Journal of mass media ethics. [. Vol. 16. No. 2-3.] [electronic resource].
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- pages -252
- Additional Creators:
- NetLibrary, Inc
- Restrictions on Access:
- Made available through NetLibrary; access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Foreword -- Public relations ethics: contrasting models from the rhetorics of Plato, Aristotle, and Isocrates / Charles W. Marsh -- Philosophy meets the social sciences : the nature of humanity in the public arena / Lee Wilkins and Clifford Christians -- Semantics and ethics of propaganda / Jay Black -- Responding to propaganda: an ethical enterprise / Santley B. Cunningham -- The TARES test : five principles for ethical persuasion / Sherry Baker and David L. Martinson -- Better mousetrap? Of Emerson, ethics, and postmillennium persuasion / Thomas Cooper and Tom Kelleher -- Toward a professional responsibility theory of public relations ethics / Kathy Fitzpatrick and Candace Gauthier -- Communication in the unfettered marketplace : ethical interrelationships of business, government, and stakeholders / Robert I. Wakefield and Coleman F. Barney -- Cases and commentaries -- Book reviews.
- 1410607895 (electronic bk.)
"Asked about allowable ethical limits of deception in professional persuasion, a group of scholars in Park City, Utah in late 2000 certainly plumbed some depths of that well of alternatives. The articles in this special issue on Persuasion resulted from that colloquium and conference."--P. .
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 2891570