Breaking bad. Season 5 & the final season / created by Vince Gilligan ; produced by Stewart A. Lyons ; producer[s], Bryan Cranston, Diane Mercer ; written by Peter Gould [and six others] ; directed by Bryan Cranston [and six others] ; Sony PIctures Television ; High Bridge ; Gran Via Productions
- Additional Titles:
- Breaking bad season five
Breaking bad season six
Breaking bad the final season
All hail the king
Remember my name
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 6 videodiscs (approximately 766 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Gilligan, Vince
Lyons, Stewart A.
Cranston, Bryan, 1956-
Gould, Peter B.
MacLaren, Michelle, 1965-
Mastras, George, 1966-
Porter, Dave (Composer)
Gunn, Anna, 1968-
Paul, Aaron, 1979-
Mitte, R. J.
Odenkirk, Bob, 1962-
Fraser, Laura, 1976-
Plemons, Jesse, 1988-
Sony Pictures Television
High Bridge Productions
Gran Via Productions
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
American Movie Classics Company
- Language Note:
- The fifth season: English dialogue with optional French; subtitles in traditional Chinese, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai subtitles; closed-captioned in English.
The final season: English dialogue or optional French, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned in English.
- Season 5, disc 1 (episodes 1-3). Live free or die (43 min.) / written by Vince Gilligan ; directed by Michael Slovis ; Madrigal (47 min.) / written by Vince Gilligan ; directed by Michelle MacLaren ; Hazard pay (47 min.) / written by Peter Gould ; directed by Adam Bernstein.
Season 5, disc 2 (episodes 4-6). Fifty-one (47 min.) / written by Sam Catlin ; directed by Rian Johnson -- Dead freight (48 min.) / written and directed by George Mastras -- Buyout (47 min.) / written by Gennifer Hutchison ; directed by Colin Bucksey.
Season 5, disc 3 (episodes 7-8). Say my name (47 min.) / written and directed by Thomas Schnauz -- Gliding over all (47 min.) / written by Moira Walley-Beckett ; directed by Michelle MacLaren.
The final season, disc 1. Blood money (47 min.) / written by Peter Gould ; directed by Bryan Cranston ; Buried (47 min.) / written by Thomas Schnauz ; directed by Michelle MacLaren ; Confessions (47 min.) / written by Gennifer Hutchison ; directed by Michael Slovis.
The final season, disc 2. Rabid dog (47 min.) / written and directed by Sam Catlin ; To'Hajiilee (46 min.) / written by George Mastras ; directed by Michelle MacLaren ; Ozymandias (Uncensored) (47 min.) / written by Moira Walley-Beckett ; directed by Rian Johnson.
The final season, disc 3. Granite state (Extended and uncensored) (53 min.) / written and directed by Peter Gould ; Felina (Extended) (55 min.) / written and directed by Vince Gilligan.
- Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul bring the saga of Breaking Bad to a bloody conclusion in their roles as meth kingpin, Walter White and his guilt-ridden partner, Jesse Pinkman. As each tries to get clear of the wreckage they left behind in the meth world, DEA agent Hank Schrader's obsessive pursuit of "Heisenberg" gains steam, leading up to a shattering finale that will leave no one in Walt's world unscathed.
- Chemistry teachers—New Mexico—Albuquerque—Drama
- Drug traffic—New Mexico—Albuquerque—Drama
- Terminally ill—Drama
- Methamphetamine—Economic aspects—Drama
- Ice (Drug)—Drama
- Drug dealers—Family relationships—United States—Drama
- Drug dealers—Marriage
- Fathers and sons—Drama
- Man-woman relationships—Drama
- Criminal behavior—United States—Drama
- Criminal psychology—United States—Drama
- Criminal investigation—United States—Drama
- Television programs—United States
- Chemistry teachers
- Criminal behavior
- Criminal investigation
- Criminal psychology
- Drug traffic
- Fathers and sons
- Ice (Drug)
- Man-woman relationships
- Television programs
- Terminally ill
- New Mexico—Albuquerque
- United States
- Form of work:
- Television program
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Season 6 was originally broadcast on television as the second half of the fifth season of the television program by AMC in 2013.
Includes 8 uncensored episodes.
Bonus features, the final season: Cast and crew commentaries on every episode; Deleted and extended scenes; Gag reel; Alternate ending; Behind the scenes of the alternate ending; Life of a show runner; The main event; The final showdown; Walt's confession; Jesse Pinkman evidence tape; The layers of a sound mix; Ozymandias trailer; Fire in the Hole: M60 test footage; Inside Breaking Bad; Extended and uncensored episodes.
Bonus features, the fifth season: "Chicks 'n' guns," a newly produced exclusive scene; three uncensored episodes; deleted & extended scenes; gag reel; behind-the-scenes of "Chicks 'n' guns;" cast and crew commentaries; "Nothing stops this train" featurettes; prison stunt rehearsal; "Writers' room timelapse;" Jesse Plemons & Laura Fraser audition footage; Gallery 1988 art show; "The cleaner: Jonathan Banks as Mike" featurette; Chris Hardwick's All-Star Celebrity Bowling; 19 mini-episodes of "Inside Breaking Bad."
Emmy Awards, 2014: Best television series (drama); Outstanding lead actor in a drama series (Cranston); Outstanding supporting actor in a drama series (Paul); Outstanding supporting actress in a drama series (Gunn).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directors of photography, Michael Slovis (episodes 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), Arthur Albert (episodes 2, 3, 8) ; music, Dave Porter.\
Editors, Skip Macdonald, Kelley Dixon ; directors of photography, Marshall Adams, Michael Slovis ; music, Dave Porter.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Laura Fraser, Jesse Plemons.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; region 1; NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) presentation.
View MARC record | catkey: 28916039