All-Waldo Comics [electronic resource]
- Deitch, Kim
- Seattle : Fantagraphics Books Feb. 2006 London : Turnaround Publisher Services Limited [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 60 p. ill 27.800 x 021.500 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Deitch is one of the greatest first generation underground cartoonists along with R. Crumb and Justin Green, et. al., and today he is the most prolific and creatively fertile artist of his generation. His newest book is a hardcover collection from Pantheon and marks the company's big graphic novel follow-up to Jimmy Corrigan; these books collect the best of his classic, underground work from the 1960s to 1980s. Deitch shares with Crumb a fascination with the "lost America" of the 1920s and '30s, particularly the history of animation (his father was the legendary Gene Deitch of Terrytoons and jazz LP covers fame). Beyond the Pale collects Deitch's best from the '70s and '80s, while All Waldo Comics features the best of his most enduring character, Waldo the Cat. A Shroud for Waldo is a sacrilegious graphic novel about Jesus, Waldo, and Hollywood.
- 9781560970781 and 1560970782 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Fantagraphics Books
View MARC record | catkey: 28916818