From mouse to mermaid [electronic resource] : the politics of film, gender, and culture / Elizabeth Bell, Lynda Haas, Laura Sells, editors
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 264 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bell, Elizabeth, 1953 November 1-, Haas, Lynda, Sells, Laura, and NetLibrary, Inc
- Introduction : Walt's in the movies / Elizabeth Bell, Lynda Haas, and Laura Sells -- Breaking the Disney spell / Jack Zipes -- Memory and pedagogy in the "Wonderful world of Disney" : beyond the politics of innocence / Henry A. Giroux -- Pinocchio / Claudia Card -- Disney does dutch : Billy Bathgate and the Disneyfication of the gangster genre / Robert Haas -- The movie you see, the movie you don't : how Disney do's that old time derision / Susan Miller and Greg Rode -- Somatexts at the Disney Shop : constructing the pentimentos of women's animated bodies / Elizabeth Bell -- "The whole wide world was scrubbed clean" : the androcentric animation of denatured Disney / Patrick D. Murphy -- Bambi / David Payne -- Beyond Captain Nemo : Disney's science fiction / Brian Attebery -- The curse of masculinity : Disney's Beauty and the beast / Susan Jeffords -- "Where do the mermaids stand?" : voice and body in The little mermaid / Laura Sells -- "Eighty-six the mother" : murder, matricide, and good mothers / Lynda Haas -- Spinsters in sensible shoes : Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and broomsticks / Chris Cuomo -- Pretty woman through the triple lens of Black feminist spectatorship / D. Soyini Madison -- Pachuco Mickey / Ramona Fernandez.
- 0585026882 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 1999. Available via the World Wide Web. Available in multiple electronic file formats. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 2891760