- AIIB Yearbook of International Law ; 1
International Law E-Books Online, Collection 2019, ISBN: 9789004390843
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Front Matter -- Copyright Page -- Preface -- Introduction: Good Governance and Modern International Financial Institutions -- The Governance Role of the Boards of International Financial Institutions -- Board Effectiveness in International Financial Institutions: A Comparative Perspective on the Effectiveness Drivers in Constituency Boards / Stilpon Nestor -- Gender Diversity on Boards: A Cause for Multilateral Organizations / Marie-Anne Birken and Gian Piero Cigna -- International Financial Institution Governance: The Role of Shareholders / Whitney Debevoise -- The Governance Basis of International Financial Institutions -- The Rule of Law in the International Monetary Fund: Past, Present and Future / Yan Liu -- Governance of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank in Comparative Context / Natalie Lichtenstein -- The Evolving Jurisprudence of the International Administrative Tribunals: Convergence or Divergence? / Joan S. Powers -- The Governance Vocation of International Financial Institutions -- Open Data for Development: The World Bank, Aid Transparency, and the Good Governance of International Financial Institutions / Catherine E. Weaver -- The Making of Global Public Authorities: The Role of ifis in Setting International Labor Standards / Yifeng Chen -- The World Bank’s Sanctions System: Using Debarment to Combat Fraud and Corruption in International Development / Pascale Hélène Dubois*, , J. David Fielder**, , Robert Delonis***, , Frank Fariello**** and Kathleen Peters -- 2017 AIIB Law Lecture -- The Necessity of Cooperation between International Organizations / Miguel de Serpa Soares -- 2017 AIIB Legal Conference Report -- AIIB Legal Conference Report / Christopher Smith.
- This first volume of the AIIB Yearbook of International Law (AYIL), edited by Peter Quayle and Xuan Gao, is based upon the inaugural 2017 AIIB Legal Conference, both titled, Good Governance and Modern International Financial Institutions (IFIs). Following a Preface by the General Counsel of the AIIB and General Editor of AYIL, Gerard Sanders, and an Introduction by the Editors, this volume of AYIL draws upon expertise from other IFIs, international law and governance practitioners, and eminent academics. It is divided into three parts to reflect a series of dimensions to the good governance of IFIs. Firstly, the role of the membership of IFIs as expressed through their executive governance organs. Second, the legal basis of governance of IFIs. And third, the interaction around governance between IFIs and external stakeholders. This volume concludes with the text of the 2017 AIIB Law Lecture, delivered by the United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and Legal Counsel, Miguel de Serpa Soares on the subject of ‘The Necessity of Cooperation between International Organizations’ and a summary report on the proceedings of the 2017 AIIB Legal Conference. The first volume of AYIL was launched at the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the AIIB in Mumbai, India, June 2018.
- 9789004408326 (electronic book)
View MARC record | catkey: 28919228