Bioethics : a nursing perspective / Megan-Jane Johnstone (author).
- Johnstone, Megan-Jane
- Chatswood, NSW : Elsevier, 
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 464 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- 1. Professional standards and the requirement to be ethical -- 2. Ethics, bioethics and nursing ethics: some working definitions -- 3. Moral theory and the ethical practice of nursing -- 4. Cross cultural ethics and the ethical practice of nursing -- 5. Moral problems and moral decision-making in nursing and health care contexts -- 6. Ethics, dehumanisation and vulnerable populations -- 7. Patients' rights to and in health care -- 8. Ethical issues in mental health care -- 9. Ethical issues in end-of-life care -- 10. The moral politics of abortion and euthanasia -- 11. Professional judgment, moral quandaries and taking 'appropriate action' -- 12. Professional obligations to report harmful behaviours: risks to patient safety, child abuse and elder abuse -- 13. Nursing ethics futures -- challenges in the 21st century.
- 9780729543224 (paperback), 0729543226 (paperback), and 0729587665
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28925297