Notes from the fog : stories / Ben Marcus
- Marcus, Ben, 1967-
- Uniform Title:
- Short stories. Selections
- New York : Vintage Books, 2019.
- First Vintage Contemporaries edition.
- Physical Description:
- 266 pages ; 20 cm
- Cold little bird -- Precious precious -- Blueprints for St. Louis -- The boys -- The grow-light blues -- George and Elizabeth -- A suicide of trees -- Critique -- Lotion -- Omen -- Stay down and take it -- The trees of Sawtooth Park -- Notes from the fog.
- Ben Marcus returns with a collection of timely dystopian visions of alienation in a modern world. Here a hapless corporate drone finds love after being disfigured from testing his employer's newest nutrition supplement ; a father starts to suspect that his son's precocity has turned sinister ; and two architects in a failing marriage must consider the ethics of artificially inciting emotion as they construct a memorial to a terrorist attack. Over the course of thirteen short stories, these characters and others showcase Marcus's compassion, imagination, and mordant humor. Never has existential catastrophe been so much fun.
- 1101947462 (paperback)
View MARC record | catkey: 28925609