Mobile Lenses on Learning [electronic resource] : Languages and Literacies on the Move / by Mark Pegrum
- Pegrum, Mark
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 309 pages 46 illustrations, 33 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lenses on mobility -- The what and why of mobile learning design -- The how of mobile learning design -- Mobile devices -- Mobile learners -- Mobile learning experiences -- Digital literacies as lenses -- Teaching lenses.
- This book explores mobile learning as a form of learning particularly suited to our ever more mobile world, presenting a new conceptualisation of the value of mobile devices in education through the metaphor of lenses on learning. With a principal focus on mobile-assisted language learning (MALL), it draws on insights derived from MALL language, literacy and cultural projects to illustrate the possibilities inherent in all mobile learning. In its broad sweep the book takes in new and emerging technologies and tools from robots to holograms, virtual reality to augmented reality, and smart glasses to embeddable chips, considering their potential impact on education and, indeed, on human society and the planet as a whole. While not shying away from discussing the risks, it demonstrates that, handled appropriately, mobile, context-aware technologies allow educators to build on the personalised and collaborative learning facilitated by web 2.0 and social media, but simultaneously to go much further in promoting authentic learning experiences grounded in real-world encounters. In this way, teachers can better prepare students to face a global, mobile future, with all of its evolving possibilities and challenges.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28926576