Country music / directed by Ken Burns ; written by Dayton Duncan ; produced by Dayton Duncan, Julie Dunfey, Ken Burns ; produced in association with WETA, Washington, DC ; a production of Florentine Films
- Uniform Title:
- Country music (Television program : 2019)
- [Arlington, Va.] : PBS, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 8 videodiscs (approximately 16 hours) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Burns, Ken, 1953-, Duncan, Dayton, Dunfey, Julie, Coyote, Peter, Ewers, Erik, Squires, Buddy, Florentine Films, WETA-TV (Television station : Washington, D.C.), and Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.)
- Language Note:
- English or dubbed Spanish dialogue; optional English SDH subtitles; optional Spanish SDH subtitles; optional English audio description track.
- Volume One. Episode one: The Rub (Beginnings - 1933) -- Episode Two: Hard times (1933-1945) -- Episode Four: I can't stop loving you (1953-1963). Volume Two. Episode Five: The Sons and daughters of America (1964-1968) -- Episode Six: Will the circle be unbroken? (1968-1972) -- Episode Seven: Are you sure Hank done it this way? (1973-1983) -- Episode Eight: don't get above your raisin' (1984-1996). and Special features: over 3 hours of additional content included! -- Over 30 bonus videos -- Behind-the scenes.
- Ken Burns chronicles the history of a uniquely American art form, rising from the experiences of remarkable people in distinctive regions of the nation. From its roots in ballads, hymns and the blues to its mainstream popularity, and meet the unforgettable characters and storytellers who made it 'America's Music.' Viewers will follow the evolution of country music over the course of the twentieth century, as it eventually emerged to become America's music.
- Sound Characteristics:
DTS-HD master audio 5.1 DTS-HD master audio 2.0
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Form of work:
- Television program
- Requires Blu-ray player.
Originally broadcast on PBS as an 8-part documentary in 2019.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematography, Buddy Squires ; edited by Erik Ewers, Craig Mellish, Ryan Gifford & Margaret Shepardson-Legere.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Peter Coyote.
- Technical Details:
- Blu-ray; region A; widescreen; English 5.1 Surround / 2.0 stereo, Spanish 2.0 stereo.
View MARC record | catkey: 28926928