Fortuna : deity and concept in Archaic and Republican Italy / Daniele Miano
- Miano, Daniele
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white), maps (black and white)
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The City of Fortuna -- 2.Fortunae in Italy -- 3.Archaic Rome -- 4.Fortuna and the Republic -- 5.To Each His Own -- 6.Fortuna in Translation, Fortuna as Translation -- 7.A Godless Goddess.
- What is good luck and what did it mean to the Romans? What connections were there between luck and success? This volume aims to address these questions by focusing on the Latin goddess Fortuna, who was connected to the concept of chance and good fortune, and analysing the changing interactions with deity and concept in ancient Italy.
- 9780191828843 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print:.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28927621